- This project was the result of a turnkey proposal from Brown Engineering Group to Mahomed Mussa Wholesalers. Brown Engineering undertook all design work, civil work and structural work for this job. This was a brown field job with the previous building demolitions being a key technical aspect of the work.
- The brief was for a double storey wholesale building that could store stock on the first-floor level.
- The project integrated admin and office space and a prayer room.
- Double storey lattice trussed structure.
- 36mx36m = 1300m2 building. The building height was 4.25m to first floor level and 8m to the underside of building trusses.
- 86 tons of steel
- First floor level was designed and constructed as a composite Bond-Dek/structural steel/concrete deck.
- Chromadeck cladding and roofing in 0.47mm Traffic Green sheet.
- CLIENT Mahomed Mussa Wholesalers
- YEAR 2018
- CATEGORY Commercial Buildings