- Varun Beverages P/L is part of RJ Corp India which owns over 30 bottling plants of a similar nature world-wide. Varun Beverages bottles on behalf of Pepsi and as such must adhere to stringent requirements set by this international icon in terms of the standard of facilities.
- Brown Engineering Group has successfully completed 2 phases of work for this client and is currently fabricating phase 3.
- Brown Engineering Group has undertaken all three phases on a negotiated turnkey basis.
- Due to the commercial nature of this industry lead times for these projects have been very tight.
- All the buildings use the PFG (Parallel Flange Girder) truss system which is a form of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB).
- Once all 3 phases are complete the facility will exceed 20 000m2.
- Each phase included between 200 to 300 tons of steel.
- Brown Engineering Group also delivered the additional structures required by the client including a utility room and coal shed which were portal framed structures.
- Roof truss eves heights were typically 7m with certain parts of the building going to 8 to 12m to accommodate the machinery.
- Several gantry cranes and many mezzanine decks where fabricated and installed over this project
- As the company is a big distributor of soft drinks, large cantilever loading canopies were designed and installed.
- The roof truss system was designed to be economically light weight as possible, whilst ensuring the loading factors for many services such as pipe racks and suspended walkway ceilings could be accommodated.
- CLIENT Varun Beverages P/L
- YEAR 2017 – 2019
- CATEGORY Industrial Buildings